While Professional tennis tournament has restarted in Ladies Open, Italy, Besides, Swiss tennis player Belinda Bencic has announced her withdrawal from the Prague Open 2020 for an unknown reason.
For assumptions, She wants to prepare for upcoming hardcourt tournaments like Cincinnati Open and US Open. For this reason, the Swiss will not play at the Clay-court tournament in the Czech Republic. One more reason to avoid playing in the Prague Open 2020 is an unnamed player recently tested positive for the Coronavirus in the Palermo Open.
World number eight also supported the Prague Open 2020. Additionally, She said, “I regret not participating in the tournament. I wish the organizers to be able to organize a successful event.”
Moreover, French tennis player Alize Cornet will be the replacement for Belinda in the Prague Open 2020 which will begin on 10th August in Czech.
“I Couldn’t Refuse To Play Against Küng”- Belinda Bencic
Belinda Bencic was accused of refusing to play against Leonie Küng who recently returned from Palermo Open after a qualifying round lost. Leonie had also been tested negative in Italy.
Earlier on Sunday evening, various Swiss media said that Belinda Bencic did not want to compete with Küng in an inter-club duel in the fear of the Coronavirus.
Belinda Bencic, who played for Chiasso also said to SRF Sport, “I was not set up for the individual against Sursee, meaning I wasn’t on the list of players at all. Because I wasn’t nominated, I couldn’t refuse to play.”
Chiasso President Gianni Schuler said about these allegations, “We informed Sursee before the game that Belinda will only compete in doubles.”
At last, Belinda Bencic is clueless about where all these allegations occurred from even though everything went by certain norms. She eventually said, “This is total nonsense.”